Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Compliance
Middle market growth companies face many challenges transitioning from private to public company ownership. A major challenge that can’t be ignored involves SOX compliance undersection 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
TSI has a team of experienced former “Big 4” accountants, auditors and financial executives who can assist you with development of a practical plan and approach to the development of effective internal controls and compliance with SOX. TSI’s core services around process improvement, IT consulting and ERP implementation provides our teams with differentiating insights on how to leverage existing investments and capabilities to comply with SOX.
Our Unique Perspective
- Developing key scenarios based on materiality and business impact
- Being pragmatic that balances the need for controls and documentation, yet realizing the need to identify gaps, close them and develop a systematic way to prevent them from occuring.
TSI’s Approach to SOX
- Leverage COSO and cobIT Frameworks
- Develop a Project Plan and Assess Materiality/Risk
- Design and Implement Processes and Controls
- Document Processes and Controls (Business and IT)
- Test Controls
- Identify Gaps and Issues
- Remediate Gaps and Issues
- Evaluate and Conclude on Results
- Coordinate and Communicate with Stakeholders and Auditors
- Reassess and Plan for Next Phase (E.G., 404(b) Audit)
Your Next Step
Use TSI’s specific expertise in SOX, combined with our process expertise to help you assess gaps, remediate them, develop pragmatic documentation and controls.
Contact our team to start a conversation about a tailored project or more comprehensive program that is adapted to your needs and will enable you to compete and thrive. You’ll gain a better understanding of how TSI will approach the unique challenges of your organization.