Training, ranging from: Customer Experience, Process Improvement, Organizational Change Management and Project Management, is mission critical for all organizations. Based on our formal education and over 130 change oriented and process improvement projects, TSI developed very pragmatic methodologies in Customer Experience, Process Improvement, Organizational Change Management and Project Management. We deliver these courses, workshops and executive briefings to our clients as well as with the Executive Education Departments at University of California – Berkeley, Michigan State University – Broad School of Management, University of Chicago and Colorado State University.
Over the past 20 years, TSI has trained thousands of corporate and higher education employees to become more customer, student, faculty, vendor, process focused, some even becoming full-fledged process zealots! This training enables many of TSI’s clients to develop their own capabilities and level of proficiency.
Building awareness, transferring skills, orienting diverse audiences and generating excitement is a critical component of TSI’s approach. Many of our clients ask that we, either as part of our assessment/improvement projects, or as a standalone activity, perform some training that is relevant to the change that needs to occur.
TSI strives to work with its clients at the Executive, Middle Management and staff levels to develop a shared understanding and learn practical tools regarding the topics covered. in the following areas:
1. Customer Experience – Improving Your Customer and Constituent Experience (“CX” or “Journey Mapping”)
“You’ve got to start with the customer experience and work back toward the technology, not the other way around.” (Steve Jobs, Apple) – The customer, not technology, must be the core of your strategy.
“We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It’s our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better.” (Jeff Bezos, Amazon) – In highly competitive environments, brands are judged not for product price or quality, but for the experience they build around it.
Whether Steve Jobs or Jeff Bezos invented, reinvented or transformed their respective industries, no one could dispute they took a customer experience centric approach as one of the primary levers to differentiate their companies.
- What work have you done recently in this area?
- Do you need a fresh perspective and tools to help you make progress in this area?
TSI (www.transforming.com) has more than 20 years of experience in this area. We have helped some of the fastest growing companies in the world innovate and grow. Now we’d like to share some of our tools and techniques with our corporate and higher education communities that are striving to make strides in the areas of:
• Customer Experience (CX)
• Customer Service
• Delivery of products or services and how it can differentiate itself via a better experience.
TSI has created a “hands on” applied training workshop for those that want to Learn and Apply this to their organization. This workshop will quickly and soundly cover fundamentals so we can:
• Teach you to map your current customer experience so that you can see how your organization operates through the eyes of your customers without your internal bias and rationalizations
• Give you actual tools and templates to define and analyze YOUR CUSTOMER’S EXPERIENCE using our CX analysis framework
• Guide you to create your desired vision of the customer experience so that you can create clear differentiation in the marketplace
• Help you envision what this “unfair advantage” can look like to create a contextual basis for your company
• Determine how to implement this future state for your organization.
Customer Experience Updates
TSI held its first CX Training workshop on February 15th downtown Chicago with some highly-engaged senior leaders from financial services, high technology, construction services and higher education sectors. The diversity of participants added to the discussions as we had a chance to learn new CX analysis tools and apply these tools in a manner that will make a difference for each of these organizations.
Here are some interesting takeaways from our day together:
- Many organizations confuse CX with simply having some type of a rewards or loyalty program
- At times, too much emphasis is placed on the digital aspect of a CX (or looking only at the UX – user experience when using a website or application)
- Organizations see real value and benefit in pursuing CX in a very intentional manner; in fact, many feel that this can be a significant differentiator in their industry
- Participants do NOT feel that this is a trend that only pertains to retail or hospitality
- Some have some done some rudimentary journey mapping; others are using TSI’s tools as their first attempt at CX improvement
- Most on concerned with the impact this work will have on their culture and how culture may need to change to enable a better CX.
2. Performance Improvement, Organizational Change Management (OCM), Business Case and Project Management – Customized Training
Frequently TSI customizes its “core content” in the topical areas below to focus on the topics that are most important and relevant to its client. This includes focusing on the learning outcomes that is more important to your needs and TSI creates unique case studies for its client’s industry and problem areas. This allows for better conceptual and practical application of the concepts and reduces the knowledge loss from trying to apply a concept that was taught using a different industry or functional example.
- Process Improvement and Performance Management
As a short Executive Briefing or a more detailed (1-2 day) analysis of process improvement techniques and tools, TSI has had led hundreds of process improvement and process management workshops. In short, this covers the following objectives:
- Think differently about how work is done
- Learn the basics of Process Mapping
- Prepare you to analyze a process and design your future processes
- Learn how to quantify improvement
- Discuss how technology plays into this
- Create an implementation plan for success
- Organizational Change Management
TSI leverages the Organizational Change Management and Communications Planning tools and techniques it uses on its consulting engagements to teach a practical, “hands on” workshop to its clients. Some of the core skills include:
- Assess the readiness of an organization to change
- Create a Stakeholder Analysis
- Define the Communication Plan
- Develop Current State Model
- Develop Future State Model
- Create Gap Analysis
- Develop Action Plan
- Transition Ownership
- Business Case Analysis
Developing a pragmatic Business Case is an elusive skills, but one that can yield tremendous benefit . TSI, leveraging its expertise helping both middle market and Fortune 50 organizations develop a enterprise wide business case, trains individuals on the business analysis and financial skills to develop a sound business case.
- Project Management
TSI has a number of Project Management Professionals (PMPs) that teach “applied Project Management” in a manner that weaves the important elements of the Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK) and leverages CMMi, ITIL with our expertise leading both technical and non-technical projects for many years.
Create a comprehensive strategic plan with implementation strategies and accountability
- Build and manage an innovation pipeline
- Design a strategic plan around core competencies and processes rather than markets and industries
- Create catalytic mechanisms to reinforce the strategic plan
- Avoid pitfalls that hinder strategic plans from getting executed
- Make strategy everyone’s job.
Your Next Step
Use TSI’s specific expertise in Training for everything from a single, specific area needing improvement to an entire reorganization.
Contact our team to start a conversation about a tailored project or more comprehensive program that is adapted to your needs and will enable you to compete and thrive. You’ll gain a better understanding of how TSI will approach the unique challenges of your organization.