Customer Experience and Process Improvement Expertise
TSI specializes in improving the internal and external customer experience (CX) that includes understanding the most important “moments that matter”, personas, processes, technologies, roles and many other environments dimensions in a customer-centric manner. Ultimately our projects will improve many important end results that range from customer satisfaction and retention, service quality, internal efficiency and others. Beginning with a fact-based understanding of the Voice of the Customer, and leveraging our Process Improvement, Re-engineering, Lean, Quality and Optimization skills, TSI leads many projects to drive significant improvements in a variety of categories. Often this type of project begins by defining and clarifying the strategic direction, then progressing into a CX analysis including streamlining and simplifying operations to enable growth and create value.
How do you measure the loyalty of your organization’s customers (or key constituents) toward your organization? How to you measure customer experience satisfaction? When was the last time that your organization defined the experience or process (via a CX or journey map or process diagram) that describes what your internal or external customers go through (or perhaps your suppliers) when they work with your organization? How about an important internal process, say, recruiting, hiring and onboarding an employee? Independent of what the customer experience, what do your employees go through to perform their work? Does work flow efficiently where your technology supports the business or is there a high degree of manual work with many iterations?
Don’t feel bad – most organizations are so busy running the operations that they do not have time to work ON the business so unfortunately things do not improve. This is where TSI comes in.
TSI has completed hundreds of CX and Process Improvement projects with over 130 clients in a wide variety of industries to improve performance in business, functional, and process areas that include the following:
- Customer Acquisition and CRM including upstream Marketing and Sales Channel Development
- Supply Chain from forecasting through DC management
- Credit Verification and Financing
- Back-office and Financial Processes – Procure to pay, complex invoicing, cash receipts, application and collections
- Financial Reporting and Month-end Close
- Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Complex Usage-based Contracting and Billing, Fraud and Revenue Recognition
- Quality including ISO, TQM, Six Sigma, Lean and Malcolm Baldridge
- Customer Service and Field Service Inventory Optimization
- Service Delivery Processes (Marketing, Advertising, Consulting, Law, etc.)
- IT Processes (SDLC, CMM, ITIL, PMO)
- Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits
- Vendor Management
- Advancement in Higher Education
- Student Services and Course Management
- New Product Development and Service Development
- Underwriting and Loan Approval and Servicing
- Claim Processing, Actuarial and other Third-party administrative operations
TSI’s Approach to Customer Experience and Process Improvement
TSI utilizes a variety of tools and techniques during our projects to quickly assess the performance of an organization’s business processes and then, by combining resident insight with our best practices and objectivity, rapidly create an implementation plan. This approach, and its application, enables TSI to lead enterprise transformation projects that assist in the complete reinvention of an enterprise as well as focused process improvement projects. Our expertise, in addition to our approach, tools and techniques helps to ensure a truly “customized” solution that allows strategic initiatives to incorporated in the fabric of an organization.
- Step 1. Clarify Project Objectives and Outcomes
- Step 2. Define and Understand Business Context
- Step 3. Validate and Define Current Processes
- Step 4. Analyze the Processes
- Step 5. Define Improved Processes
- Step 6. Develop Implementation Plan and begin to Implement Recommendations